By their very nature thatched properties are difficult to insure and most insurance companies will not offer a quotation.
As specialists in ‘non-standard’ home insurance, we are pleased to launch our thatched home product.
Risk acceptance criteria includes:
- Buildings sum insured up to £1,000,000
- Contents sum insured up to £500,000
- Valuables up to 33% with a single article limit of 10% of the Contents sum insured
- Personal Possessions single article limit of £2,500
- Various heating types accepted such as open fires, solid fuel stoves and gas central heating
- Thatch inspections and electrical installation inspections only needed every 10 years
We can provide cover for risks such as:
- Adverse claims experience
- Unoccupied properties
- Listed Properties
- Let Properties
- Properties that have previously been affected by subsidence
- Holiday, second and weekend/weekday homes
- High risk occupations
- Criminal convictions
Our thatched home product will cater for properties that are fully, or partially roofed in a full range of thatch roof constructions including water reed, wheat reed, long straw and fibre.
Simply give us a call, 0800 43 46 307 or complete our Thatch Questionnaire and submit with your market presentation to email@example.com